How to Become a Patient
Our tried and true method of patient onboarding is just one way we personalize the Newbridge experience to each and every patient. Please look over the information below regarding pricing, insurance information, and more, before filling out the welcome form.
Complete Welcome Form
To place you with the right provider, we would like to get to know you a little better. Access the welcome form at the bottom of this page.
Schedule an Appointment
After you fill out your welcome form, an Intake Specialist will call to schedule an appointment. We strive to get back to everyone within 5-7 business days.
Complete Patient Portal Information
After scheduling, you’ll receive an email to set up your CharmEHR account. Fill out necessary paperwork at least a week before your appointment.
We ask that you show up to your first appointment 5-10 minutes early so we can get all of the necessary paperwork turned in.
We Pair Nutrition and Medical Appointments for Best Results
Since nutrition is key, we ask that new functional medicine patients meet with our Functional and Integrative Dietitian, Leann Larson, in addition to your medical provider.
We practice Integrative and Functional Medicine and Nutrition because our goal is to uncover the root cause of your health issues, rather than just treating your symptoms. Research and experience have shown that nutrition and gut health are vital to healing and that most people greatly benefit from working with a dietitian, often getting better much quicker.
Leann will coordinate with your provider to get your medical history and create the most appropriate nutrition plan for you or your child to start alongside the medical treatment plan. Nutrition sessions can be held by phone, or via Zoom video conference for your convenience. If requested, we will make every effort to schedule your nutrition visit the same day as your provider visit.
Meeting with Leann will benefit you in several ways:
- The nutrition visits may result in shorter initial or follow-up provider visits, saving you time and money.
- Nutrition visits can often be scheduled sooner than provider visits, allowing you to get started with the healing process. You may even be able to discuss symptom improvement and go deeper into the medical treatment plan during provider visits.
- You get a more comprehensive conversation about food and nutrition, along with practical ways to start incorporating changes right away.
- Newbridge Health & Wellness is out-of-network for all medical insurance plans, and requires a full payment on the day of your appointment (via cash, check, or credit card). This model of care allows us to provide advanced personalized integrative and functional medicine in an unrushed setting, where you/your child can be treated as an individual.
- As a courtesy to our patients, we will submit a claim for most MD, NP, and PA visits to many insurance companies electronically if possible, so that you can potentially receive out-of-network reimbursement.
- If you need to cancel/reschedule, we request that you do so two business days or more before your appointment, otherwise you will be charged a cancellation fee.
- If for any reason you do not show up for your appointment, you will be charged a cancellation fee.
- Our clinic is considered an out-of-network provider for all medical insurance plans. We require payment on the day of your appointment, via cash, check, or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover). If you pay by check and it is not able to be cashed due to insufficient funds, a $35 finance charge will apply. As a courtesy to our patients, we will submit a claim for most MD, NP, and PA visits to many insurance companies electronically if possible. If your insurer doesn’t accept electronic claims using our standard method, we will provide you with the paperwork and diagnostic codes necessary to do so yourself. Please note, that we are not able to submit a claim to insurance for visits with our Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian. Submission of claims to the insurance company may take up to 1 month from your day of service.
- Any laboratory and/or diagnostic testing are additional costs, and patients and families can provide insurance information to the lab(s), which will/may cover many of these laboratory expenses, and/or provide payment directly to the lab(s).
Providers will only review any pertinent labs and give follow-up instruction in the time allotted during the patient visit. If you would like the provider to review labs or documents before or after your appointment, please request that time while making the appointment. The price will be the same as the provider’s billable rate.
Ready to start your health and wellness journey?
We’d be thrilled to have you join Newbridge as a patient! Fill out the welcome form and an intake specialist will get back to you within 5-7 business days to set up an appointment.