What are Food Sensitivities?
A food sensitivity is a completely different immune response in the body than a food allergy. Food sensitivities can lead to a wide range of painful and chronic health problems. Without you knowing, food sensitivities can play a huge role in your physical, emotional and mental health.
Food sensitivities are hard to pinpoint, because they show up differently in everyone. Even “anti-inflammatory” foods can trigger symptoms in some people. Symptoms can be delayed for up to 72 hours (sometimes more), and they can also be dependent on how much of the food you’ve eaten. Some can even show up when you’ve eaten two moderately sensitive foods together! Symptoms can also vary from person to person, with the most common being:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Joint and muscle pain
- Brain fog
- Migraines or recurring headaches
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Irritable bowel disease (IBD)
What is the MRT and LEAP Program?
The Mediator Release Test (MRT) and Lifestyle Eating and Performance (LEAP) Program are designed to take the guesswork out of food sensitivity. MRT is the most sensitive and specific food sensitivity test on the market. It shows not only your most reactive foods, but your least reactive foods, as well!
MRT tests for 170 foods and food chemicals, and will give your results on a scale from non-reactive to moderately reactive to highly reactive. According to Oxford Biomedical Technologies, Inc., MRT analyzes the volumetric changes in white blood cells; the changes are indicative of how reactive you are to each food. Results will be in the order of least reactive to most reactive.
What the MRT/LEAP Program Looks Like
The MRT/LEAP program is a partnership with your Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT). The program will look something like this:
- Send in your MRT lab kit.
- Initial 90 minute session with your CLT to review results and craft a 2-week meal plan.
- 60 minute session 14 days after your initial session to follow up and craft a 2-week meal plan, review symptoms and food log and troubleshoot as needed.
- 60 minute session 30 days after your initial session to follow up and craft a 2-week meal plan, review symptoms and food log.
- 60 minute session 60 days after your initial session to follow up and craft a meal plan for the next several weeks, review symptoms and food log.
- Any other follow-ups you may need. We recommend a follow-up after a year to keep your motivation high and help ensure you are continuing to heal.
- Other support offered and tailored to each patient: supplement recommendations, coordination of care with other providers if needed, referrals and suggested lab work, product suggestions, and more.
Our Certified LEAP Therapist
Leann is a Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT) and has completed comprehensive training developed by a team of dietitians, physicians, immunologists, and medical business professionals with more than 100 years combined experience in treating food sensitivity related conditions.