Recipe: Healthy Mini-Donuts
Hidden Nutrient Mini-Donuts. Kiddos will never know they just ate sweet potatoes!
- 1 cup sweet potato pureed
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 3 T avocado oil
- 2 organic eggs (can substitute flax egg)
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or rub mini-donut pan with oil to prevent sticking
- Combine sweet potato, banana, oil and eggs with mixer or by hand
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the sweet potato mixture. Batter will be pretty thick.
- Scoop batter into a piping bag or plastic bag.
- Cut the end of the bag and pipe the patter into mini donut pan. Do not over fill.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- For a bit of sprinkle, mix some cinnamon and sugar or I used a bit of granulated Monk fruit.
If you do not have a mini donut pan, they can be purchased on Amazon or you could also make mini muffins instead of donuts. They will taste the same but maybe not quite as fun.