- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon — zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic — finely minced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoons salt — divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoones chopped toasted walnuts, if desired
Time needed: 20 minutes.
- Remove the outer leaves from cauliflower head. Cut off the bottom stem end so that you create a flat base and can stand the cauliflower up on a cutting board.
- Resting the cauliflower on the stem, use a large, sharp knife to trim away the sides, then cut the remaining head into 2 very thick or 3 more moderate “steaks.”
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice, garlic, and honey.
- Heat a grill to medium (about 350 degrees F).
- Brush one side of each cauliflower steak with the lemon–olive oil mixture and then sprinkle the brush sides with half of the salt.
- Place the salted side down on the hot grill, then brush the tops of the steaks with the olive oil mixture and season with the remaining salt.
- Cover the grill and let cook for 5-6 minutes, until the bottom is beginning to char.
- Flip the cauliflower, then re-cover the grill and cook 5 additional minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from the grill. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, parsley, and walnuts. Serve hot with lemon wedges.